1. Race Day – Is the race on?
The Mt Hutt Snow Report will tell you if the race is on or not. Please check out their website, or phone for the report on (03) 308 5074. This report is generally updated by 6:30am. You can also check our P2P FB page for the latest updated information.
*If we are unable to hold the race on the Saturday – the weather contingency day will be the next day (Sunday). Please note there are no refunds if you cannot make the contingency day.
2. Road Closures – Support Crews
The Mt Hutt Access Road will be closed to:
Uphill traffic from 1:00pm
Downhill traffic from 1:15pm
The road will re-open at approximately 3:00pm.
This means if your support crew drops you off at the Ski Area and wants to get to the transition areas before you, they need to have left BEFORE 1:15pm.
3. Race number and Lift Pass collection:
Pre registration: save yourself time and stress on Race day and register Friday evening at The Blue Pub Methven Verandah from 5pm-7pm.
Race day Registration: 8:15am – 11:45am – Information Booth at the bottom of the access road.
Teams – it’s fine for one person to collect the race pack, you do not all have to be there.
4. Race Briefing (Compulsory)
12:30pm at Ski/Bike transition (outside Admin), you must attend. Runners in the team event that do not come up the mountain will be briefed at the Crossroads just before 2:00pm.
5. Race Start Times
2:00pm Individual Men Race Start
2:10pm Individual Women Race Start
2:20pm Teams Race Start
The Awards presentation and party will be held at the Blue Pub Methven (Samuel’s Bar if wet). Lots of great prizes for winners as well as spot prizes thanks to our wonderful sponsors. Up for grabs will be jetboat trips, nzski.com season passes and a Coast to Coast entry to name a few. DO NOT miss the prizegiving…
Make a weekend of it and stay the night in Methven.
Just $45 a single or $80 a double in comfortable warm rooms at the Blue and Brown Pubs.
You’ll be right at the finish line so an easy stumble upstairs on tired legs after the race.
(To book go to www.methvenpubs.co.nz)
* INDIVIDUAL COMPETITORS ONLY will be allowed ONE support person at the Ski | Bike Transition.
One wristband per athlete will be supplied at registration. Please note, no wristband means you may not be in this area. Your support person may assist with your gear but is not permitted to cross over the timing mat to the Bike Zone and must leave the area once their athlete has departed. No spectators allowed.
* The support person will be able to leave the Ski Area once the road reopens to collect your bike and gear from the Bike | Run Transition.
* If you do not have a support person, Mt Hutt will deliver your ski/board gear to the Finish Line at The Blue Pub.
* You must ensure Transition area is kept clear of gear for other competitors as they arrive.
* Be prepared to get wet if you choose the swim option during the run section.